Sunday 18 November 2012

Shane Watson will not bowl in Adelaide

Shane Watson will just take a part in Bat and Field but not in Bowl:


Shane Watson will not bowl in Adelaide, and accepts that his inability to do so will count against him significantly at the selection table ahead of the second Test against South Africa. All eyes were on Watson at Australia's first training session at Adelaide Oval, and while he batted and ran comfortably, the vice-captain did not push his strained calf in an attempt to prove his allround fitness at the bowling crease.

"If that's what Michael and the selectors think is the best balance for the team I'm not going to [oppose that]," Watson said. "I'd love to be out there, but if that's the best balance of the team, that's exactly what's best for the team, and I'm comfortable with that, because the thing I love doing more than anything is being an allrounder, being able to contribute with bat and ball whenever I'm fit, and I know that's my value to a team more than just batting.

No comments:

Post a Comment